Editage for labs
What is Editage for labs? Who should register for this program?
Editage for Labs provides ‘lab workflow management solutions’ to help (i) researchers, (ii) lab heads, (iii) professors, and (iv) lab administrators, efficiently track the progress and impact of their labs’ publications.
Through this program, labs can:
- Manage the lab’s publications efficiently through a single platform
- Optimize the lab’s budget
- Enhance the lab’s research output
If you are part of a research lab, a research/academic group, then you and your members of your lab/group should register for Editage for Labs.
For more assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service team ().
Editage for labs -- How many authors/researchers do you need to form and register as a group? What happens after registration?
You can register as an individual and add other authors/researchers as members into your group (anytime in the future). There is no limit to the number of people you can add to your group. To receive the full range of benefits, ensure that you add all your lab members to your group.
After you have registered your lab, you can proceed to add all lab members into your lab account. Once your lab members start using Editage services through your lab account, they will directly receive all applicable benefits.
Registrations for Editage for Labs are currently free! To sign up, contact the customer service team >>
Editage for labs--What are the different types of benefits that our Lab will receive?
Discounts on Editage services: All Labs registered to EFL will receive discounts on English Editing, Publication Support, and Translation services. When your group submits over 4 manuscripts, all members receive 5% discount on their future submissions
When your group submits over 15 manuscripts, all group members receive 10% discount on their future assignments.
|Discounts on Editage services|
|Manuscripts submitted by your lab||5th to 15th manuscript||16th manuscript onward|
|Discounts available to all registered members||5%||10%|
Note: If Editage is offering any other special discounts through other campaigns, you and your lab members will be eligible to receive the highest discount available from among our existing plans.
Get manuscripts in PDF or LaTeX format edited without a premium fee.
Also, all Pre-submission Peer Review and Journal Selection service will receive 15% discount
Special Discounts to Editage for Labs users who want to attend our Workshop and Webinars
All registered lab members will receive a free Editage e-book learning pack, which contains useful resources and tips on manuscript preparation and the publication process.
Special access for free consultation from our publication experts on queries related to the journal submission process.
Registered lab members can consult our publication experts on queries related to the journal submission process, such as:
- • How do I respond to reviewers comments?
- • How do I ensure that I am publishing ethically?
- • Should exclusive credit be given to the researcher who publishes his/her research first?
- • How long should I wait for a response from the journal?
- • What do journal editors spot first in a submission package?
**Note: for asking the questions above, mention "Editage for Labs" in the subject line after you .
Editage for labs--How do I register my Lab?
Once you are logged in to the Editage Online System:
- 1. Click “Part of a lab” button on your dashboard
- 2. Click “Register your Lab today” button
- 3. Enter the details of your Lab, i.e., Lab name, Organization, Lab URL, No. of members in your Lab
- 4. Click “Register to proceed and add members”
- 5. Enter the details of your lab members
- 6. Click + to add members
- 7. Click “Finished adding lab members” once you have added all members
- • Once a member has been added, he/she will receive an introductory welcome email
- • The member registering his/her lab will be the Administrator of the group by default. If you want to transfer the admin rights to another member of your group, please contact us by
Editage for labs--How do I (administrator) and the members of my lab view the activity of my registered lab?
Once you (admin)** or your members are logged in to the Editage Online System
- 1. Click the “My Lab” button on your dashboard
- 2. Once you are on your My Labs page, you will see the details of the members part of your Lab
- 3. You will see the total no. of assignments submitted by your lab
- 4. You will see the total no. of members part of your lab
- 5. You will also see the total no. discounts your lab has availed through Editage for Labs
You can register multiple labs! All you need to do is:
- 1. Click the “My labs” button on your Editage Online System dashboard
- 2. Click “Add new lab”
- 3. Start adding members to your lab
There's more!! You can add additional members to your lab at any given point of time. To add more member, click the “My labs” button on the Editage Online System dashboard and click “Add members”.
- 1. Only the administrator (admin)** of the group can add or delete members.
- 2. **Admin: The member creating the lab will be the admin of the group by default.
For any assistance, please provide us with your contact no. and submit your query by
I am part of a lab group; however, I do not want to submit my paper through the labs account!
If you do not want to submit an assignment through your group account, please select ‘Self’ in the ‘Submit for’ question on the order form.
Our lab requires some special benefits (currently not part of Editage for labs), can we contact Editage for such special requirements?
Yes, if your lab requires some special benefit (that is not currently offered under Editage for Labs), please contact us by or on our US toll free number (+1-877-334-8243) stating your requirement. We will try our best in understanding your requirement and will contact you with further details thereafter.
I and my lab members have some questions/concerns regarding Editage for labs, how can we contact you?
At any point of time, if you or any members of your lab have some questions/concerns regarding Editage for Labs, please contact us by or on our US toll free number (+1-877-334-8243).
Editage for labs--Tools for collaboration
Q. How to share edited papers between with co-authors and other members of your lab using the Editage Online System account?
A. To share the edited files with your co-authors and other members of your lab, log on your Editage Online System account and follow the steps below:
- 1. Click the “Submit New Job” tab under “Jobs and Questions”
- 2. In “Submit for” option, select “My lab”
- 3. Select the lab through which you want to submit this assignment
- 4. Select the registered members (co-authors/peers) with whom you want to share the edited files upon job completion
- 5. Proceed with the rest of the submission
Note: Once the assignment is completed, the edited files will be delivered to the main author and the selected members.
Q. Can the main author control which member can access his/her edited paper?
A. Yes! The main author (member) making the submission needs to select the member who can view the edited paper upon completion.
Note: The main author can choose to not share the final edited paper with any member of the lab. In such a case, the main author (member) making the submission does not select any author in the “Select members who can access your completed files” section of the order form.
Q. Can the Lab group appoint one dedicated member to make submissions on behalf of all other members part of the group?
A. Yes, a lab can choose to appoint one member to make submissions on behalf of the other members of the lab. The member can mark a copy to the original author upon the completion of the job. The member can share the final edited file with the main author by selecting the main author in the ‘Select members who can access your completed files’ on the order form.
Who will make the payments for the submissions from the group?
All payments will be made by the individual member of the group/lab placing an order.
Can I add members who are not Editage clients to my lab?
Yes, the admin of the Lab can add members who are not Editage clients. Each member added to the Lab group will have their own Editage Online System account and a common Lab page.