What is the difference between video summaries and video teasers?
While both video summaries and video teasers convey the significance of your research in an easy-to-understand way, the former does so in more detail by talking about the study methodology and experiments as well.
What deliverables will you give?
- Embed code that be used to host the video on author, journal, or institutional webpage (which can then be shared and promoted)
- Link to the uploaded video on Editage YouTube channel page
- Video files (in multiple formats), audio files, and transcript for reuse
- List of keywords for SEO and general tips for promotion
- High-quality images created for the video for re-use in PPTs
- Video usage/engagement analytics
How long does it take to make a video?
A video summary typically takes between 3 and 4 weeks to get done, while a video teaser, being shorter, needs about 1 to 2 weeks.
How will you track engagement? What metrics will you provide?
We will offer metrics that give you a clear sense of the viewership (who, where, when) and their engagement (how). We will provide these by sharing analytics from a secure third-party hosting platform and integration with platforms that track publication impact (shares, downloads, cites).
Will you promote my video?
Most definitely! Editage will promote the videos it makes by:
- uploading them on social platforms like YouTube,
- hosting them on our video page https://www.editage.com/video-summaries/, and
- announcing new video releases on Editage social media accounts.
We also encourage you to reach out to your network of peers, colleagues, and funders and the broader community and share links to your video hosted on journal, institutional, or personal pages.
What do you need from me to make a video summary/teaser?
Apart from your published paper, our writers and animators will find the items mentioned below useful:
- Original, high-resolution figure or image files
- Supplementary tables and figures,
- Supporting material besides the manuscript such as PowerPoint presentations, posters, and relevant previous papers.
Why do you have two video products?
We believe one size need not fit all. We want to give you something that fits you just right, be it video summaries that summarize scientific idea, methodology, findings, and future implications in 3-4 minutes OR video teasers that highlight the main take home messages in 1-2 minutes.