Q: Based on my criteria, can you suggest any journals that publish communicable disease case reports?
Do you have any suggestions for target journals that are not high in impact factor (IF) and that offer a better chance of accepting my manuscript?
Unfortunately, we would not be able to share a list of possible journals. This is because you would be the best person to decide on this, based on the focus of your manuscript and after a relevant search of potential journals. However, we can provide some suggestions and pointers.
- You may consider publishing it in a rapid publication journal in your field. Rapid publication journals have shorter turnaround times (TATs) than standard journals.
- If you are seeking more to establish the primacy of your research (rather than or apart from meeting a publication requirement), you may consider uploading it to a preprint site. Manuscripts uploaded on a preprint site are only screened but not reviewed. However, they allow your manuscript to obtain quicker feedback from researchers across the world. Relevant preprint sites for your paper would be medRxiv and bioRxiv.
- If your paper happens to be around COVID-19 (as you said it’s a communicable disease), note that due to the expanse and gravity of the situation, reviews of manuscripts around the pandemic are being accelerated at journals worldwide. So, if your paper is indeed around COVID-19, it may be reviewed faster and a decision on it made faster than papers in other scientific areas.
- If needed, you may also utilize our journal selection service to help you choose an appropriate journal. The service provides a list of 3-5 relevant journals after a detailed study, along with pros and cons for submitting and publishing with each journal. You may learn more about the service here: Journal Selection
- Finally, you may also refer to these related queries by other users:
All the best for your manuscript!