CrossRef's vision for global science: Increasing the discoverability of research
In this final part of our interview series with Rachael Lammey, Product Manager at CrossRef, she talks about how it is important for smaller publishers or those who currently do not have advanced technical infrastructure to be able to improve the quality of the research they publish. It is also important for researchers to ensure that their work is connected to that of other scholars across the globe. According to Rachael, the ideal scenario would be when research conducted and published globally is connected. And all CrossRef products use technology to make research easily identifiable and discoverable. Rachael urges researchers, publishers, and funders to actively use the DOI and other products as well as give feedback on how they can be improved.
Other parts in the series:
- Part 1: An Overview of CrossRef and its products
- Part 2: How the DOI ensures persistence and traceability of published papers
- Part 3: More about CrossCheck, CrossMark, and FundRef
- Part 4: How CrossRef reaches out to publishers globally
- Part 5: Technological changes in academic publishing: Achievements and challenges
You're looking to give wings to your academic career and publication journey. We like that!
Why don't we give you complete access! Create a free account and get unlimited access to all resources & a vibrant researcher community.