Q: How to write an introduction of my thesis?
Detailed Question -
I have an assignment and I need to get that right
1 Answer to this question
Thank you for your question.
Please ensure that your introduction does the following:
- Describes why you have undertaken the study
- Explains how the research will make a significant contribution to the field
- States the research question clearly
- Provides a background of the problem that your research aims to understand or resolve
- Summarizes what is currently known about the topic through existing literature and citing studies that are relevant
To know more about structuring your paper to convey your ideas impactfully, refer to Manuscript structure: How to convey your most important ideas through your paper.
You may also refer to these articles to frame the perfect introductory section:
- What is the best way to write an effective introduction?
- The secret to writing the introduction and methods section of a manuscript
- The complete guide to writing a brilliant research paper