How to avoid retractions and publish ethically
Learn everything you need to know about ethics in research writing and publishing
What will you learn?
- Five critical ethical violations in the research context
- Useful case studies, tips, and guidelines to prevent retractions
- Summary of the ethics issue prevalent in the industry
- Implications of misconduct, the dos and don’ts, and the guidelines
- The significance of ethics in publication and the problems that lead to unethical behavior
- Avoid ethical issues in your writing and reduce your chances of a rejection or a retraction
- Unethical practices to be avoided or practiced through case studies and experiences from peers in the industry
Why should you enroll?
Today, retractions are on the rise owing to increased instances of ethical violations. Journal editors and reviewers are advising authors to be more aware of publishing guidelines so that they don't violate the ethical norms of publishing. Through this course, you will learn how to publish ethically, boost your reputation as a researcher and ensure that your research contributes to scientific progress. The course uses different learning tools like learning videos, presentations, quizzes, etc., to make your learning enjoyable.
What topics will you cover?
Lecture 1: Introduction to ethics
Lecture 2: Know it to avoid it: Five unethical practices
Lecture 3: What can you do to be a responsible and ethical researcher?
Lecture 4: Conclusion