Learn quantitative and numerical expressions in scientific writing
What will you learn?
- Write real numbers and numbers in words
- How to write numerical ranges
- Express very large and very small numbers and percentages
- Write mathematical symbols, mathematical formulas and tables
- Understand number agreement in scientific writing
Why should you enroll?
Measuring and quantifying is a critical part of the researcher’s work. This makes it the responsibility of the researcher to maintain accuracy and consistency while expressing numerical values to avoid misrepresentation. Enroll in this course to understand how to express numbers in scientific writing in the most accurate and consistent manner.
What topics will you cover?
Lecture 1: Introduction
Lecture 2: Objectives
Lecture 3: Numbers in Words
Lecture 4: Real Numbers
Lecture 5: Numerical Range
Lecture 6: Very Large/Small Numbers
Lecture 7: Percentages
Lecture 8: Mathematical Symbols
Lecture 9: Mathematical Formulas
Lecture 10: Using Tables
Lecture 11: Summary