The evolution of Altmetric
Dr. Donald Samulack, US Operations, Editage, Cactus Communications, in conversation with Euan Adie, Founder and CEO of Altmetric.
In this concluding interview segment, Euan shares the origins and evolution of Altmetric, first as a means of helping publishers direct the traffic to their website and now as a tool aiding the discoverability of research. He also talks about how the association with Digital Science helps Altmetric meet its goal of supporting researchers, publishers, and funders through a common platform.
View other parts in the series:
- Part 1: "Altmetric came out of my experience as an author"
- Part 2: How Altmetric measures research impact
- Part 3: Finding and interpreting Altmetric data for published papers
- Part 4: What changes does the current research landscape need?
- Part 5: Researchers should use altmetrics data to advance their careers
- Part 6: The difference between Altmetric and alternative metrics
You're looking to give wings to your academic career and publication journey. We like that!
Why don't we give you complete access! Create a free account and get unlimited access to all resources & a vibrant researcher community.