Q: What is meant by ''Awaiting AE evaluation''?
What is meant by ''Awaiting AE evaluation''? I submitted a paper to the journal. Initially, the status was ''Awaiting Reviewer Scores'', then changed to ''Awaiting AE Recommendation'', and now it is ''Awaiting AE evaluation''.
Thank you for your question. The status “'Awaiting AE evaluation'” means that that the peer review has been completed and now the Assigned Editor (AE) will consider the feedback provided by the peer reviewers and arrives at a decision. The following are the most common decisions that are made:
- accept without any changes (acceptance): the journal will publish the paper in its original form
- accept with minor revisions (acceptance): the journal will publish the paper and asks the author to make small corrections
- accept after major revisions (conditional acceptance): the journal will publish the paper provided the authors make the changes suggested by the reviewers and/or editors
- revise and resubmit (conditional rejection): the journal is willing to reconsider the paper in another round of decision making after the authors make major changes
- reject the paper (outright rejection): the journal will not publish the paper or reconsider it even if the authors make major revisions
Hope this answers your question.