Q: What is the significance of a study and how is it stated in a research paper?
In simple terms, the significance of the study is basically the importance of your research. The significance of a study must be stated in the Introduction section of your research paper. While stating the significance, you must highlight how your research will be beneficial to the development of science and the society in general. You can first outline the significance in a broader sense by stating how your research will contribute to the broader problem in your field and gradually narrow it down to demonstrate the specific group that will benefit from your research. While writing the significance of your study, you must answer questions like:
- Why should your research be published?
- How will this study contribute to the development of your field?
You might find this course helpful: How to write a strong introduction for your research paper
- What is significance of the study in research?
- 4 Step approach to writing the Introduction section of a research paper
- The secret to writing the introduction and methods section of a manuscript