Q: What would be a suitable title for my research on water resource planning and management?
I've been given the research topic 'Water resource planning and management.' I wish to know what title would be suitable for this topic.
Presently, the topic is too broad to come up with an apt title. In fact, presently, it’s more like a subject or at least a subject area. You need to first narrow the focus, by thinking of what problem you’ll study, what your objective(s) will be, and therefore, what research question(s) you’ll ask.
For more on these aspects, you may refer to the following resources:
- How to choose a research question
- How to write research objectives?
- How to write a problem statement for my research?
Once these are clearer, writing a title that aptly describes your research will almost come organically. That said, you could have a working title for now, and then refine it once you have more clarity.
To help you come up with a suitable title, you may refer to the following resources:
- 5 Simple steps to write a good research paper title
- How and how not to title your research paper [This is a handbook from R Upskill, a sister brand offering learning programs for various aspects of a researcher’s work, including writing, submission, and publication, and promotion. Do check it out, especially because the handbooks and courses are all available for free for a limited trial period.]
Hope that helps. All the best for your research!