We work with you until you are 100% satisfied with the quality!
We guarantee that the quality of English in all documents edited by Editage will meet the standards required in the international publishing industry. This guarantee applies to every document edited by us, regardless of service, deadline,
- Re-editing support until you are 100% satisfied. If your manuscript receives unfavorable comments from the journal because of the quality of English, we will re-edit your manuscript for free, as long as you had addressed all the editor's notes and comments and not made significant changes to the edited manuscript before submission.
- 100% on-time delivery guaranteeWe will waive the full fee for any editing assignment that is delayed due to an error on our part.
How it works
Within 1 business day2, the quality team replies to you with the results of the assessment and provides a resolution based on Editage’s quality guarantee.
If you have any concerns about the resolution provided, we will work on it until you are 100% satisfied.
- If your paper received negative comments on language from the journal, co-authors, or your supervisor, please provide the version of the paper you submitted to them (preferably in MS Word) along with their detailed feedback comments. Note that if we do not receive from you some explanation of the reason for your dissatisfaction and/or the relevant files, and our internal assessment shows that the assignment met the scope of the service with the required quality standard, we will be unable to offer you a refund or re-edit.
- Requests received on Saturday will be responded to on Monday.
For a smooth process at your target journal, please remember to
Choose your service carefully
Different services come with different benefits. For example, while our Advanced Editing Service corrects all aspects of language, only our Premium Editing Service checks and corrects logic, flow, structure, and presentation. Hence, we recommend that you choose the service that best suits your needs. If you are unsure about the best service for you, please ask our Client Servicing team at to make a recommendation based on your requirements.
Address our editor’s comments
After receiving the completed assignment, address all issues pointed out by the editor. If you are unsure about any comment or change made by the editor, please write to us with your questions at or use the Submit Questions feature in your EditageOnlineTM account.
Get new changes checked by Editage
If you reject any of the editor’s changes or feel the need to make further changes, please have these changes re-checked by us. Minor changes are checked for free under our Client Questions service. For extensive changes, we recommend that you use our Multiple-Round Editing (MRE) services. MRE is available for free under the Premium Editing Service and at a discounted rate under the Advanced Editing Service.
Submit an editing certificate to
While evaluating papers written by non-native speakers of English, reviewers and editors of international journals tend to include a standard recommendation, asking the author to get the language checked by a native speaker. To avoid this, it is best to submit a certificate of editing to the journal along with your initial submission.
100% on-time delivery guarantee
Terms and conditions
Editage recognizes the need to deliver high-quality services and to guarantee the security of your information at all times. This belief is reflected in our commitment to establishing and maintaining systems and processes that are compliant with the ISO quality and IT security management standards.Click here to view our ISMS certificate
Frequently asked questions
- I have made some changes to my paper after you edited it. Is the quality guarantee still valid? If you have made significant changes to your paper after we have edited it (e.g., you have introduced new content or rejected our changes), the Editage Quality Guarantee may not be fully applicable. Know more
- What if I want to make changes to my paper after you have edited it? If you want to make only a few changes, you can send us the revised parts of your document as questions. You can do this by logging into your EditageOnlineTM account and using the "Submit Questions" feature on the left panel. Know more
- I have some questions regarding the editor’s changes in my document. How can I get them answered? If you have any questions regarding the edit that you wish to get clarified from your editor, please submit your questions using the "Submit Questions" feature in your EditageOnlineTM account. Know more
- I used the Premium Editing Service but I am not satisfied with the quality of the edited paper. What should I do? The Premium Editing Service offers the benefit of multiple rounds of editing—that is, editing until you are satisfied. Know more
- I do not want to use the Premium Editing Service only for multiple rounds of editing. What do you suggest? You can choose to not use the Premium Editing Service if you do not want all its benefits. For example, if you only require multiple rounds of editing and not the other benefits under the Premium Editing Service, you may avail of our Multiple-Round Advanced Editing Service for subsequent rounds. Know more
- I do not want all the benefits offered under the Premium Editing Service. What do you suggest I do? The extra benefits of the Premium Editing Service (apart from those offered under the Advanced Editing Service) are (1) the checking of logic, flow, tone, and structure; (2) multiple rounds of editing; (3) a cover letter; and (4) an EditageReport. Know more