- This website www.editage.com (“Site”) is owned and operated by Cactus Communications Private Limited ("CACTUS"), a company incorporated and existing in accordance with the provisions of the Indian Companies Act, 1956 (as amended from time to time) and other applicable laws in India and engaged in the business of providing editing, transcription, translation, medical writing, and communication services to individual and institutional clients globally. Any references to "we," "us," "our," and “CACTUS” refer to CACTUS and its affiliate companies.
- When you access, browse, or use this Site, you accept, without limitation or qualification, the below mentioned terms and conditions and notices stated herein, as updated from time to time (“Terms and Conditions” or “T&Cs”). As long as you comply with the Terms and Conditions, CACTUS grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right to enter, view, and use this Site. Your continued use and access of this Site indicates that you have read, understood, and accepted the T&Cs. If you do not want to be bound by the T&Cs, you agree to immediately discontinue your use of this Site.
- All electronically issued services offer quality assurance. If you are not 100% satisfied with the quality, simply write to us within 7 days asking for rework of the service rendered to you (refer to the quality guarantee on our business website). If the quality delivered fell short of the service promise, we will rework the assignment for free. However, if you wish to discontinue the assignment, or if the reworked assignment does not meet expectations, we will refund 100% of its fee. Clients acknowledge and agree to our refunds policy, which clearly states that all editorial and consulting services are performed to the best of our abilities, begin immediately upon order confirmation, and will be rendered on the client’s behalf in good faith.
- Clients agree to resolve any questions, concerns, or disputes regarding the quality of delivered services by submitting a written request, either by email or the Editage Online system website. This request must specifically outline all questions and concerns about possible editorial errors or omissions so that our experts may clearly address, respond to, and/or correct any areas of concern on the client’s behalf as quickly and professionally as possible. Rework requests are applicable only to the original text and will be carried out according to the assignment’s original written instructions.
- No cancellation requests will be accepted for confirmed orders.
Purpose of This Site and the Content Therein
- All the information presented on this Site (“Content”) is for informational purposes only and does not create a business or professional services relationship between CACTUS and you. A service relationship may be established when you place a request for services through the Site and the same is accepted in writing by CACTUS. The terms of the service shall be governed by the terms and conditions stated therein.
- The products and services displayed on the Site may not be available for purchase in your geographical location. The reference to such products and services on the Site does not imply or warrant that these products or services will be available at any time in your particular geographical location. You should check with our authorized representative, details of which can be found at the "Inquire" or "Contact us" section on the Site, for the availability of specific products and services in your geographical location.
- CACTUS reserves the right to undertake all necessary steps to ensure that the security, safety, and integrity of CACTUS’s systems as well as its users' interests are and remain, well–protected. Towards this end, CACTUS may take various steps to verify and confirm the authenticity, enforceability, and validity of service orders placed by you.
- The Content presented on this Site (including but not limited to text, design, software, graphics, audio, video, HTML code, and data) is protected by copyright law, trademark law, and other applicable intellectual property laws and is the exclusive property of CACTUS. You agree to follow all instructions on this Site limiting the way you may use the Content.
- CACTUS reserves all rights to this Site and its Content. This Content may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way whatsoever, without the prior written consent of CACTUS. You may use the Content for your limited personal and non-commercial purposes in accordance with applicable law governing intellectual property rights. You may download and print one copy of any Content expressly specified as available for download solely for your personal, non-commercial use. Provided however, that you hereby agree not to modify the Content so downloaded, in any way whatsoever and that you shall not alter any copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices or symbols attached/affixed to such Content. Any other use or modification of the Content without CACTUS's prior written authorization is expressly prohibited.
- Trademarks, logos, and service marks displayed on this Site are the sole and exclusive property of CACTUS or its affiliates, irrespective of whether or not they have been registered in the names of CACTUS or its affiliates. Nothing contained in this Site shall be construed as conferring any license or right to any copyright, trademark, logo, service mark, or other proprietary interest of CACTUS or any third party.
Use of The Site
- You hereby agree not to use contact information provided on the Site for any unauthorized purposes, including but not limited to marketing. You shall not use any hardware or software intended to damage or interfere with the proper working of the Site or to surreptitiously intercept any system, data, personal information, or Content on the Site. You agree not to interrupt or attempt to interrupt the operation of the Site in any manner whatsoever. CACTUS hereby reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to limit or terminate your access to or use of the Site at any time without notice to you.
- You agree and undertake to use the Site appropriately. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree and undertake that when using the Site, you will not:
- host, display, modify, transmit, update, publish, post, upload, distribute, disseminate, or share (collectively “Post”) any information that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, pornographic, pedophilic, libellous, indecent, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful or racially, ethnically objectionable, threatening, profane, lewd, seditious, invasive of a person's privacy, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, illegal, harmful, derogatory, or unlawful or violates any law in force or adversely affects CACTUS’s reputation or goodwill, or otherwise unlawful in any manner;
- Post information that harms minors;
- stalk, or otherwise violate the legal rights of other users;
- Post information that infringes any patent, trademark, copyright, or other proprietary/intellectual property rights of another person or Post information that belongs to another person and to which you do not have any rights to;
- Post files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or corrupted files, or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, harm, or limit the functionality of the Site or another user's computer, computer system/network/database or user’s data or software;
- conduct or forward surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, or chain letters on the Site;
- Post information that threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security, or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognisable offence or prevents investigation of any offense or is insulting any other nation;
- download any file Posted by another user that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such a manner;
- Post any information that deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of such messages or impersonates another person or communicates any information that is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
- violate any applicable laws or regulations for the time being in force in India; or
- make the Site available over a network where it could be used by multiple devices or multiple users at the same time.
- You shall be solely responsible for complying with the laws of the country from which you are accessing this Site and you agree that you will not access or use the information on this Site in violation of such laws. In addition, you may not use this Site:
- In a way that breaches any applicable local, national, or international law or regulation;
- In a way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect; or
- reject a user from registering on the Site without assigning any reason thereof;
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material or any other similar form of solicitation (spam) or any material that you are not authorized to use, disclose, distribute, or share.
- You guarantee, warrant, and certify that you are the owner of the content that you Post on the Site (“User Content”) or are otherwise authorized to use the User Content and that the User Content does not infringe upon the property rights, intellectual property rights, or any other rights of any other person. You further warrant that to your knowledge, no action, suit, proceeding, or investigation has been instituted or threatened relating to any User Content, including trademark, trade name service mark, and copyright formerly or currently used by you in connection with the User Content.
- You hereby agree that access to certain areas of this Site may be available only to registered users. To become a registered user, you may be required to answer certain questions and provide some personal information. Answers to such questions may be mandatory and/or optional. You hereby represent and warrant that all information supplied to the Site is true, complete, and accurate.
Regulatory Powers of CACTUS
- You hereby acknowledge and agree that CACTUS reserves the right to:
- limit, deny, or restrict the use or access to the Site in entirety or certain portions of the Site to specific users, including yourself, at its sole discretion;
- deny provision of any/all of its services to particular users without any prior notice/explanation in order to protect the interests of CACTUS and/or other users of the Site, as determined at the sole discretion of CACTUS;
- reject a user from registering on the Site without assigning any reason thereof;
- suspend/cancel/deactivate any user’s account/registration for any reason that CACTUS shall deem fit, at its sole discretion; or
- delete, edit, or move any Content Posted on the Site for any reason whatsoever.
- For the purposes of these T&Cs, “Personal Information” shall mean any information that can be linked to a specific individual including without limitation, information such as name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and credit card details or other financial information that, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available, is capable of identifying such person.
- You hereby expressly agree and consent to the collection of your Personal Information by CACTUS. You hereby agree that CACTUS or its agents, may collect, maintain, and process Personal Information about you, your usage of the Site, and related information, that is gathered periodically to facilitate your operation of the Site and to verify your compliance with the T&Cs.
- Collection and Maintenance of Personal Information
- As a part of the registration process, we may need to obtain certain Personal Information from you. Personal Information is collected only when you choose to voluntarily provide us with this information. The main purpose of collecting such Personal Information is to process a service, partnership, or employment request made by you. When you submit such Personal Information to us, you represent that you have the lawful right to submit the Personal Information and agree that you will not submit any information unless you are legally entitled to do so and that such Personal Information is true, complete, and accurate. You may not use a false email address or other identifying information, to impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of any content.
- You acknowledge that the Personal Information provided by you may be copied, used, and stored by the relevant CACTUS representatives in accordance with local data privacy laws but will not be disclosed to third parties who are not involved in processing your request. However, CACTUS reserves the right to retain Personal Information solely to resolve potential disputes and to disclose the Personal Information (i) as mandated by law; (ii) in connection with a court action brought by a third party against CACTUS or any of its agents, employees, officers, directors, or service providers; or (iii) in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of CACTUS, its users, or the public.
- You expressly acknowledge and hereby agree that CACTUS may be required to intercept, disclose, monitor, and/or store your Personal Information: (a) by law; (b) for the purpose of effectively managing the Site; (c) to secure the systems of the Site; or (d) to enforce CACTUS’s rights, and CACTUS will do so in the manner as prescribed by law. You hereby agree that such interception, disclosure, monitoring, and storage may take place without your knowledge and CACTUS will not be liable to you or any third party for any damages howsoever arising from such interception, disclosure, monitoring, and storage. To ensure that the security and integrity of the Site is safeguarded, CACTUS may monitor your Personal Information. This monitoring may include (without limitation) the filtering of incoming and outgoing electronic data messages to identify, limit, and/or prevent the transmission of spam, viruses, and/or unlawful, defamatory, obscene, or otherwise undesirable material or content. CACTUS may under certain circumstances engage a third party service provider for the purpose of managing the technical operations involved in hosting the Site. To the extent that it may be necessary, and solely for the purposes of providing the service available on the Site to you, you agree that we may disclose to such third party any of your Personal Information that may be necessary for the procurement of services from the third party.
- You note that by using our Site and/or placing any orders for services;
- You agree that if you disclose your Personal Information to us, we may create a database record about you;
- If you register on our Site, make orders, download any materials, or conduct any other transaction, you agree for us to collect any Personal Information necessary to provide you with the service you wish to avail from us;
- You agree that we can contact you with information about products and services that may be of interest to you (unless you have stated you do not wish to receive these communications); and
- You further acknowledge that by accessing this Site, certain information about you, such as your internet protocol (IP) addresses, your navigation through the Site, the systems and programs used by you and the time spent by you, along with other similar information, may be stored on our servers. Such stored information may not specifically identify you. Please be informed that the same may be used by CACTUS for Site traffic analysis or for such other purposes as it may deem appropriate.
- Your Personal Information may be used by CACTUS for statistical and/or other purposes. CACTUS hereby undertakes that it shall not disclose, sell, share, or in any way reveal any Personal Information you submit to us to any other third party, without obtaining your prior written consent. Your registered email address will be automatically subscribed to our weekly newsletter, which will contain information on industry updates, author resources, upcoming webinars, latest offers, and new services by CACTUS. If at any time in future you find the content not so relevant, you may choose to unsubscribe from the list. While no Site can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the Personal Information you provide to us. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure correct use of information, we will employ reasonable and current internet security methods and technologies.
- Security Procedures – CACTUS has put in place the following security practices and procedures to protect your Personal Information:
- All our data security processes are ISO 9001:2008 certified and our information technology security management systems are ISO/IEC 27000:2005 certified.
- All our employees and contractors have signed confidentiality agreements where they have undertaken that they will not make any Personal Information available to anyone, unless authorized in writing by the user.
- Personal Information will not be made available to any third party, except as provided herein or by obtaining your prior written consent.
- All documents submitted are managed through a secure online job management system; the documents that are sent to us can only be viewed by service professionals working on your assignment.
- Payment-related Personal Information
- The Site uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption when accepting payment-related Personal Information, to ensure that your payment-related Personal Information is secure. The Site is verified by VeriSign. For further details on security and encryption, please visit the VeriSign website at [www.verisign.com].
- In order to protect your credit card information, all online transactions are conducted using a secure 128-bit SSL encryption signed by VeriSign. Encryption ensures that no information is accessible to unknown parties. CACTUS hereby undertakes not to store your credit card information, thereby reducing the possibility of fraudulent charges being made by CACTUS.
BREACH OF T&CS
- CACTUS will determine, at its sole discretion, whether there has been a breach of these T&Cs through your use of the Site. When a breach of these T&Cs has occurred, CACTUS may take all or any of the following actions or any such action as it deems appropriate, including but not limited to the following:
- Immediate, temporary, or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Site;
- Issuance of a warning to you;
- Initiation of legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all resulting costs and expenses suffered by CACTUS on an indemnity basis (including but not limited to reasonable administrative and legal costs); and
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as is reasonably necessary.
- CACTUS hereby expressly disclaims all liability for any and all actions taken by it in response to a breach of the T&Cs committed by you.
- You hereby agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless CACTUS and its affiliates and their directors, employees, contractors, agents, licensors, service providers, subcontractors, and suppliers from and against any and all losses, liabilities, expenses, damages, and costs, including reasonable legal fees and court costs, arising or resulting from your use of the Site and any violation of these Terms and Conditions. If you cause a technical disruption of the Site or the systems transmitting the Site to you or others, you agree to be responsible for any and all losses, liabilities, expenses, damages, and costs, including reasonable legal fees and court costs, arising or resulting from that disruption.
- CACTUS neither warrants nor makes any representations regarding the quality, accuracy, or completeness of any Content on the Site. In no event shall CACTUS or its employees, directors, shareholders, or representatives be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages, or for any lost profits or revenues, business interruption, loss of data, or any other damages resulting from: (a) the use or the inability to use the Site or reliance on any Content contained in this Site; (b) unauthorized access to or alteration of the user's transmissions or data; (c) damages for loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or in any way connected with the use or performance of the Site; (d) any delay or inability to use the Site or related services provided on the Site; (e) non-availability of the Site during periodic maintenance operations or any unplanned suspension of access to the Site that may occur due to technical reasons or for any reason beyond CACTUS's control; (f) any interruption or delay in provisions of any services or access to this Site, due to any force majeure event beyond CACTUS's reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, flood, fire, blockades, riots, embargoes, government actions, regulatory sanctions, power outages, unavailability or non-functioning of payment gateway services, disruption of communication services in any country or area, etc. (g) any other matter relating to the Site or the services available on the Site, or otherwise arising out of the use of the Site, whether based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, or otherwise.
Changes to the Site and These Terms
- CACTUS may alter or modify the features of the Site with respect to different user(s), or change any of the features or introduce new features on the Site without prior notice to any user.
- CACTUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove any portion of these T&Cs, in whole or in part, at any time, temporarily or permanently, without notice and without liability, by posting revised terms on the Site. You hereby agree that it is your responsibility to check periodically for any changes made to these T&Cs. Your continued use of the Site after any changes to these T&Cs signifies your acceptance of the updated T&Cs.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
- While CACTUS will use reasonable efforts to provide reliable Content through this Site, CACTUS does not warrant that this Site is free of inaccuracies, errors, and/or omissions. This Site may contain certain historical information, which is provided for your reference only. CACTUS reserves the right to modify the Content presented on this Site at any time, without notice to you.
- Further, although CACTUS will attempt to keep the Site free from all objectionable messages, you agree and acknowledge that it is impossible for CACTUS to review all Content on the Site. All User Content expresses the views of the respective user who Posted such content and not those of CACTUS, and any errors or omissions in such User Content is attributable to the respective user. Any user who is of the opinion that specific content on the Site is objectionable, is encouraged to contact CACTUS immediately by sending an email to . Notwithstanding the foregoing, CACTUS shall not be obliged to remove such objectionable content from the Site.
- CACTUS does not vouch for or endorse or warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any Content on the Site. You understand and agree that any Content downloaded or otherwise obtained by you from the Site is done entirely at your own discretion and risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer systems or loss of data that results from the download of such Content from the Site. You hereby acknowledge and agree that CACTUS, its employees, directors, shareholders, or representatives will not be held responsible for any Content on the Site. You hereby agree to hold harmless CACTUS, its employees, directors, shareholders, or representatives against any and all claims related to the opinions expressed by users of the Site.
- The Site may contain links to other websites ("Embedded Sites"). The Embedded Sites are not under the control of CACTUS and CACTUS is not responsible for the contents of any Embedded Site, including without limitation any link contained in an Embedded Site, or any changes or updates to an Embedded Site. CACTUS is not responsible for any form of transmission, whatsoever, received by you from any Embedded Site. CACTUS is providing these links or allowing users to provide you these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by CACTUS of the Embedded Sites or of any information contained in the Embedded Site or any association with the operators or owners of the Embedded Site
- You hereby expressly acknowledge that internet transmissions are never completely private or secure. You understand that any message or information sent by you to CACTUS or Posted on the Site may be read or intercepted by others unless there is a special notice that a particular message (for example, credit card information) is encrypted (sent in code). It is expressly clarified that CACTUS does not bear any additional responsibility towards you on account of your sending a message to CACTUS.
- For the avoidance of doubt, it is clarified that except as otherwise expressly provided in these T&Cs, CACTUS makes no representations, guarantees, or warranties, written or oral, express or implied, to the user or to any other person or entity regarding the services, the Content on the Site, any hardware, or software.
- Should you have any grievance or complaints in relation to your use of the Site, please contact a CACTUS grievance officer, at , who shall respond to your grievance within 14 days.
Governing Law/Dispute Resolution
- If any dispute arises between you and CACTUS in respect of your use of the Site or thereafter, in connection with and arising from your use or attempt to use this Site, such dispute shall be solely resolved by reference to arbitration. The place of arbitration shall be Mumbai. The arbitration proceedings shall be in English language.
- The said arbitration proceedings shall be governed and construed in accordance with the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996, and modifications thereof as in force at the relevant time.
- These terms and conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of India and any dispute shall, subject to the arbitration clause specified above, exclusively be subject to the jurisdiction of the appropriate Courts situated at Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Thank you for visiting our site.