European Heart Journal: Quick facts and submission tips
Aims and Scope
The European Heart Journal publishes highest quality articles related to research findings, technical evaluations, and reviews on all topics of cardiovascular medicine.
Oxford University Press (on behalf of European Society of Cardiology)
Frequency of publication
CRITERIA FOR PUBLICATION
- Papers need to adhere to the journal guidelines. Papers that do not adhere to these instructions will be returned for appropriate revision.
- The journal has strict guidelines for authorship and conflicts of interest and follows the guidelines of the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors.
EDITORIAL POLICIES AND SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- The European Heart Journal uses a web-based submission and review system at:
- To petition for fast-track status, authors must send their manuscript by e-mail to email@example.com, ensuring that the manuscript adheres to the European Heart Journal's Instructions for Authors. If you use EndNote and/or Reference Manager to facilitate referencing citations (not required for submission), this journal's style is available for use.
- Several types of articles are published, including Clinical papers, Basic science papers, Current Opinion papers, Reviews, Editorials, Correspondence/e-letters, Cardiovascular flashlights, and Interactive cardiovascular flashlights
(http://www.oxfordjournals.org/our_journals/eurheartj/for_authors/). The articles should strictly adhere to the requirements for each article type.
- The journal requires the inclusion of a section called Translational Perspective, which is a short clinical summary of 3-5 sentences to provide the reader with a very brief take-home message on translational aspects.
MANUSCRIPT REVIEW PROCESS
- Authors should refer to the AMA Manual of Style, 10th ed., for format and style; Webster’s Third New International Dictionary or Merriam Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary, 11th ed., for spelling and word division; and the Merck Index and Stedman’s Medical Dictionary, 26th ed., for spelling of chemical names and medical terms
- See this link for other recommended ethics related information: http://www.oxfordjournals.org/our_journals/epirev/for_authors/general.html
INDEXING & METRICS
- Indexed in:
- CAB Abstracts
- Biological Abstracts
- BIOSIS Previews
- Current Contents® /Clinical Medicine
- Derwent Drug File
- Excerpta Medica Abstract Journals
- Journal Citation Reports /Science Edition
- Journal Watch: Cardiology
- Pharmacoeconomics and Outcome News
- MEDLINE (PubMed)
- PROQUEST DATABASE
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch®)
- Science Citation Index®
- The Standard Periodical Directory
- Impact factor: 14.097
- Ranks #3 out of 125 journals in the category of Cardiac & Cardiovascular Systems
Source: 2012 Journal Citation Reports® (Thomson Reuters, 2013)
You're looking to give wings to your academic career and publication journey. We like that!
Why don't we give you complete access! Create a free account and get unlimited access to all resources & a vibrant researcher community.
Subscribe to Journal Selection