Q: How should I write the evaluation for a scientific review paper?
Your question isn’t entirely clear. You may have meant any of the following:
- How to write a review of a published scientific review article that you have read
- How to write a scientific review paper yourself (which cumulates multiple scientific papers)
- How to do a peer review
Writing a review of a published paper
You do this through a letter to the editor. Letters to the editor are short pieces providing comment or views on a published article. If the journal (editor) decides to publish the letter, they will perform a basic review of the letter and also include a response by the author(s) of the original article. For more information on letters to the editor, you may refer to the following resources.
- Should letters to the editor be checked for factual accuracy before publication?
- Is it ethical to publish a reply to a "Letter to the Editor" without publishing the original letter?
Writing a review paper
If you meant writing a review paper, there are several types of review articles: literature review, systematic review, and meta-analysis. While these are stand-alone review papers, there are also literature reviews written as a part of a main paper. All involve going through existing literature and then talking about what relevant papers say in the context of the problem you are studying. For more information on these types of papers or content, you may refer to the following resources.
- A young researcher's guide to writing a literature review
- Secondary research – the basics of narrative reviews, systematic reviews, and meta-analysis
- What a journal editor expects to see in a literature review
Doing a peer review
Performing a peer review involves having subject-matter expertise and also experience. Peer reviewers are often contacted by journals, though they may also be suggested by manuscript authors. The following resources provide great information on both getting started and understanding the details of peer review.
- Peer review process and editorial decision making at journals
- How to become a peer reviewer: Tips for early career researchers
- Become a great peer reviewer! [Course]
Hope that helps. And all the best for your piece!