Q: To whom should I send the copyright permission from Kyoto Encyclopedia of Genes and Genomes?

Detailed Question -

I received the following email from the journal editor: Please forward us an official KEGG document with the copyright permission to use figs. 4, 5, 6 in manuscript entitled "Impact of Hydrogen on the Transcriptome of Sinorhizobium meliloti 1021 Using RNA-sequencing technology".

To whom shall I send the permission? I sent to the editorial room, but why does the mail got rejected?

Write an answer...
1 Answer to this question

From what I understand, you need to apply for the copyright permission to KEGG (Kyoto Encyclopedia of Genes and Genomes) and send the document you receive from them to the journal. Here is where you can request for copyright permissions of KEGG materials: KEGG Copyright Request Permission Form


You should forward the permission document to your journal’s editorial office. I’m not sure why the mail has been rejected. Please send the correct permission document once again. If it is rejected, you can write to the editor asking for a clarification.


Related reading:

Navigating copyright when you publish a manuscript in a journal