Q: How do we keep record of the articles found in various databases while doing the literature search?
The most efficient way to keep a record of relevant studies that you find during your literature search is to download the articles into a reference manager software such as EndNote, RefWorks, Mendeley, etc. You may be able to save your references to your reference manager software directly from your search engines such as Google Scholar or PubMed. Alternatively, you can enter them in manually. Once in your reference manager, it will be easy to find them and cite them directly in your manuscripts.
- A young researcher's guide to digital tools for literature search and reference management
- Tips for effective literature searching and keeping up with new publications
- Expert advice on reading scientific literature as a habit
- Make your Google searches more precise: A few tips for researchers
- Tips to identify whether a source is scholarly and reliable