Organization Science journal: Quick facts and submission tips
|Aims and Scope|
Organization Science provides one umbrella for the publication of research from all over the world in fields such as organization theory, strategic management, sociology, economics, political science, history, information science, communication theory, and psychology.
It publishes groundbreaking research about organizations, including their processes, structures, technologies, identities, capabilities, forms, and performance.
In addition to original research reports, Organization Science also publishes essays on important new organizational phenomena (Perspectives section) and current debates on organizations (Crossroads section).
Read the Editorial Statement for specifics:
Publishes 13 scholarly journals that describe the latest methods and applications for operation research and analytics. Also publishes an industry and membership magazine with news from across the profession
|Frequency of Publication|
Once every two months
Managing Editor: Kate Luckey
Editorial policies & critical factors for publication
- When submitting manuscripts, authors must certify that the manuscript is original material, is not copyrighted, has not been accepted for publication and has not been published by any refereed journal or book, and is not being reviewed elsewhere simultaneously. The paper may be submitted to a conference at the same time as it is being reviewed with Organization Science.
- At least one author of each accepted paper is required to sign a Copyright Transfer Agreement form. For details on INFORMS Guidelines for Copyright & Plagiarism, visit this page:
- Submitted papers must follow the submission guidelines:
Manuscript review process (as mentioned on website)
- The editorial structure is formed by Senior Editors and an Editorial Review Board.
- Authors may nominate up to three reviewers (with appropriate expertise and no conflict of interest with the author(s) or the paper). The journal will make every effort to select one of the authors' nominated reviewers.
- Editors and reviewers work with authors to develop papers.
- Manuscripts are reviewed in a double-blind process by at least two reviewers.
- The Senior Editor combines his or her comments with the reviewers' comments to form a decision.
- Each Senior Editor is charged with the decision to accept/reject a paper or to request a revision and resubmission.
- If a revision of a manuscript is invited, Organization Science urges the authors to resubmit the manuscript within three months and no later than one year from the date a revision is requested.
Good publishing practices
- Organization Science specifies in detail what they seek to publish here: https://www.informs.org/Pubs/OrgSci/Editorial-Statement.
- The INFORMS Open Option (IOO) provides an open access alternative for articles accepted in any INFORMS journals that would have otherwise been available only through subscriptions or pay per view. Visit:
- The author is responsible for complying with the NIH Public Access Policy. INFORMS follows Method C of NIH’s submission methods guidelines and has no obligation to notify an NIH-funded author about the requirement.
- For details on copyrights & permissions, visit:
Impact and rating
3.351 in 2012
5-year impact factor: 5.506 (http://pubsonline.informs.org/journal/orsc)
Ranked #8 (Management category in the Social Science Citation Index)