Q: Can you suggest a medical or nursing journal with a short processing time?
Hello, I need a publishing medical or nursing journal indexed by PubMed with maximum acceptance time of 4 weeks. The topic of my paper is "Self care intervention in type 1 Diabetes: a clinical trial"
There are many PubMed indexed journals that offer rapid publication options; however, it will be difficult to suggest specific journals without going through the entire manuscript. It is important to know the content of the study in detail to identify target journals.
You could consider journals like BMJ open Diabetes Research & Care, The Diabetes Educator, Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice, all of which are PubMed indexed. The review periods for many journals can be found on their websites.
I would also recommend searching for similar studies in Google scholar and finding journals suiting the study’s scope. You could also try Journal Guide BETA and Elsevier's Journal Finder. You can then finalize a target journal based on your specific requirements.
- 12 Tips to help you choose the right journal for your paper
- A list of journals and publishers that offer rapid publication
- How can I find a rapid review nursing journal that's indexed in Scopus?
- Which journal should I submit to if I want to publish my article in 3 months' time?
- How can I find a journal that will accept my article within four weeks?