Q: Can you suggest a suitable journal for my research paper?
I want to submit a paper to a journal in which a wide analysis has been made on a well-known technique in image processing. I want to publish it in a free journal. Can you suggest some image processing related journals?
Selecting a journal for a paper requires a lot of careful thinking. It is almost impossible to suggest a journal without an assessment of the entire manuscript.
However, here are some simple sguidelines that will help you select a suitable target journal for your manuscript:
- Read the aims and scope of your target journal carefully and ensure that your manuscript matches the scope of your target journal.
- Understand who the target audience is for the journal. You can go through the latest issues and check the affiliated institutes for the authors. It is always recommended to select journals with diverse authorship as the chances of acceptance will be higher in a journal with diverse authorship.
- Some universities require their authors to publish in higher impact factor journals. In case your university has such a requirement, please check if the impact factor of the journal is in line with your requirement.
- Check the turnaround time for your target journal. Most journals provide an approximate turnaround time from submission to the first decision. In case you are looking for a quick acceptance, you may wish to target a journal with a shorter turnaround time.
- Open access journals generally have an article processing charge APC). If you wish to publish in an open access journal, you should check the journal website for the APC and see if you are willing to pay the amount.
Hope you find these tips useful.