Q: How to put senior author affiliation after changing institution?
What should my affiliation be in a manuscript when in OrgA I supervised the students that carried out the research and when I moved to OrgB I continued to supervise and edited in OrgB the draft manuscript that was sent by the first author? Thanks in advance
I am not sure if I was able to understand our question as there are two aspects to it: author affiliation and author contribution. Let’s talk about author affiliation first. We have received similar questions before and I feel that you may find this advice useful:
- What should my affiliation be if I changed my workplace during a manuscript submission?
- How should a change of institute reflect in the author's affiliation?
- Which of the two affiliations I have should I prioritize in my manuscript?
- How should I list multiple affiliations in my paper?
Also, the role you played in the research and completion of the paper should be clearly stated in the authorship contribution statement that you submit to the journal. Here are a few posts that will shed some light in this regard:
- Deciding the order of authors on a paper
- Defining authorship: A taxonomy to assign contributor roles in multi-author papers
I hope this helps.