Q: How to select reputable SCI(E) journals in the field of dentistry
Can you let me know which journal in the field of oral health and dentistry has fast publication cycle, is prestigious in terms of number of published papers, and has an active publication cycle as well. How long it will take for me to get my paper published approximately?
It is difficult for someone else to recommend a journal in a specific field; you would be the best person to understand which journal would be a good match in terms of the topic and target audience of your study. However, here are some tips that will help you select a suitable journal:
- You can run a search by subject category on the Science Citation Index Expanded (SCIE) to find relevant journals in your field.
- Another good place to look for journals is the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ), an online directory that lists down and provides access to high quality open access, peer-reviewed journals. Conducting an advanced search here will give you a list of good journals in your field.
- Once you have made a list of relevant journals, go to each journal’s website and check if they have a rapid publication option. If you wish to publish fast, you can consider submitting your paper to a rapid publication journal.
- You can also use popular journal selection tools that are available online to seek journals that provide decisions within shorter turnaround times.
- To avoid falling prey to predatory journals, pay close attention to the information on the journal's website and watch out for promises that may sound too good to be true.
- You might find our tips on choosing the right journal for your paper useful.