How to write a cover letter for journal submissions
A cover letter is the first point of contact between you and the target journal's editors. As such, your cover letter functions as a sales pitch to the journal editors. In other words, you cover letter needs to sell the notion of why your manuscript deserves to be published in and how it matches the scope of the target journal.
This presentation will tell you everything you need to know to write a great cover letter for your submission. This includes:
1. What is a cover letter?
2. Differences between a cover letter and a title page
3. Why are cover letters important?
4. Basic information a cover letter should contain
5. Additional details you could include
6. References for further reading