Q: My paper has been uploaded on ResearchGate without my permission. What should I do?

Detailed Question -

I found that my paper which was published in an open access journal was uploaded on ResearchGate without my permission. I want to ask the authorities to delete it, but I cannot find the contact.

What action should I take in this situation? Your advice would be appreciated.

Write an answer...
1 Answer to this question

First you need to check who uploaded your paper on ResearchGate. Generally, whenever a paper is uploaded on ResearchGate, it shows the name of the person who uploaded it. 

Next, go to this page: https://www.researchgate.net/contact

Then, under "Didn't find what you were looking for in the help center," select the appropriate category from the dropdown menu. You will need to select "legal issues and data protection." When you click on it, it will give you the option to email ResearchGate. In your email, mention the name of the person who uploaded your paper without your permission. Request that the paper be removed wih immediate effect. Once you have written the email, hit "send." Your message will be sent to ResearchGate. 

Do follow up from time to time until your paper is pulled down.

Related reading:

This content belongs to the Conducting Research Stage

Conducting research is the first and most exciting step in a researcher's journey. If you are currently in this stage of your publishing journey, subscribe & learn about best practices to sail through this stage and set yourself up for successful publication.