|Aims and Scope||Social Psychology Quarterly (SPQ) publishes theoretical and empirical papers concerning the relationship between the individual and society. Included are the study of the relations between individuals; individuals and groups, collectivities, and institutions; and intra-individual processes as they substantially influence, or are influenced by, social structure and process.|
As an interdisciplinary journal, SPQ publishes works by both sociologists and psychologists.
|Publisher||American Sociological Association (ASA)|
|Frequency of publication||Quarterly: March, June, September, and December|
Further editorial information: http://www.sagepub.com/journals/Journal201972/title#tabview=boards
CRITERIA FOR PUBLICATION
- Papers must concern the relationship between the individual and society, which includes relations between individuals, or individuals and groups, individuals and collectivities, or individuals and institutions.
- Otherwise, studies may focus on the intra-individual processes that substantially influence, or are influenced by, social structure and process.
EDITORIAL POLICIES AND SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Authors must abide by ASA guidelines and ethics codes regarding plagiarism and other ethical issues
- Submit online at http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/spq (contact the editorial office if online submission problems occur: email@example.com)
- Submission guidelines and manuscript preparation can be found here: http://www.sagepub.com/journals/Journal201972/title#tabview=manuscriptSubmission
MANUSCRIPT REVIEW PROCESS
GOOD PUBLISHING PRACTICES
- ASA finds it unethical to submit a manuscript to another professional journal while it is under review by SPQ.
- Authors must identify significant findings or contributions that have already appeared (or will appear) elsewhere.
- Other ethical guidelines can be found at ASA’s website.
INDEXING & METRICS
- Academic OneFile - Gale
- Academic Search - Premier
- Academic Search Alumni Edition
- Academic Search Complete (EBSCO)
- Academic Search Elite
- Applied Social Sciences Index & Abstracts (ASSIA)
- Arts & Sciences I - JSTOR
- Current Abstracts - EBSCO
- Current Index to Statistics
- Educational Research Abstracts Online (T&F)
- Educator's Reference Complete (Gale)
- Expanded Academic ASAP
- FRANCIS Database
- General OneFile - Gale
- IBSS: International Bibliography of the Social Sciences
- MasterFILE - Ebsco
- ProQuest Social Science Journals
- Psychology Collection - Gale
- Social Sciences Citation Index (Web of Science)
- SocINDEX - EBSCO
- Sociological Abstracts
- TOC Premier - EBSCO
IMPACT AND RATING
Impact factor: 1.647
Ranks 24/61 in Psychology, Social
Source: 2013 Journal Citation Reports® (Thomson Reuters, 2014)