Q: What are the A-list journals in the UGC-CARE list for language and literature?
1 Answer to this question
There are actually multiple parts to your question. So, let’s take them one by one.
- A-list journal: Note that all the journals in the Consortium for Academic Research and Ethics (CARE) list of journals created by the University Grants Commission (UGC), India’s regulatory body for higher education, are regarded as reputed or quality journals. The list has been created by UGC based on various protocols. Also, UGC regularly monitors and updates the list. However, if by A-list, you mean a journal with a high impact factor (IF), you will need to go through the site information of the identified journals to know their IFs.
- Groups: There are actually two groups in the list.
- Group I journals are those identified and selected based on UGC’s criteria.
- Group II journals are those selected from Web of Science (WoS) and Scopus, two globally recognized databases.
- Language and literature: The scope of these two fields is quite vast. For instance, in language, you could be looking at a regional language, a national language, or an international language. The same with literature. Or perhaps you could be looking for a journal that has both fields as its scope. As you would be most knowledgeable of your topic, it would be best for you to search the lists of journals to shortlist a few.
- Search: To get you started, we have provided the links to the search pages of each list or index. Note that you will need to register, if you haven’t already.
All the best for your search and research!