Behind the science: Quick facts about scientific publishing
Have you ever wondered about:
- How many research articles are published each year?
- How many peer-reviewed journals publish original research?
- How many researchers are there in the world?
- How is the publishing industry growing?
Here're a few numbers and facts that reveal the dynamic nature of scientific publishing.
- Data: STM Publishing report 2015
- Image: Atlas designed by freepik.com
(Note: The Venn diagram in this infographic is not to scale and is for representation only.)
This is the first of our series of posts on global trends in publishing. Watch this space for more!
Behind the science - Quick facts about scientific publishing_0.pdf