Q: How can I split my dissertation into journal articles and find suitable journals to submit them to?
How do I divide my dissertation up into pieces to submit to journals? How can I find out which journal to submit to?
Your question has two parts. Let me address them one by one.
It is perfectly acceptable to convery your thesis into one or more journal articles. Here are some resources that will guide you on how this can be done:
- The basics of converting your PhD thesis into journal articles
- Can I get an excerpt from my masters thesis published in a journal?
- Can I submit a journal paper based on my thesis that is not yet published?
- How do I convert my thesis into a journal article?
- Can a thesis be revised and submitted to a journal?
Here are a few resources that will help you understand how you can select a target journal for your manuscript:
- VIDEO: Selecting a suitable target journal for your manuscript
- INFOGRAPHIC: Think Check Submit checklist - Selecting the right journal for your research paper
- How to select journals for publishing my research?
- How do I know which journal to select for my paper?
Hope this helps.