Q: How can I write the introduction section for my article?
I am currently writing my own research paper and I'm facing some problems. I could not write the introduction correctly. Can anyone help me with this? My topic is "Factors affecting some students to respond to their teachers' feedback on writing". If anyone has any related research papers or books, please send them to me.
You have not mentioned what went wrong in the introduction and how you figured that the introduction was not "written correctly." I think you first need to analyze what is wrong with the introduction you have written. Are there some factual errors? Is the literature review not in-depth? Has the research question not been stated?
The introduction section is meant to set the context for your research work, explains the research problem, and indicates the purpose behind the study. The introduction also highlights how your research contributes to knowledge in your field and builds on previous similar studies.
You need to ensure that your introduction does the following:
- Provides a background of the problem that your research aims to understand or resolve
- Summarizes what is currently known about the topic through existing literature and citing studies that are relevant
- Describes why you have undertaken the study
- Explains how the research will make a significant contribution to the field
- States the research question clearly
The following articles can help you understand how to write the introduction section: