Q: Should I write to the journal if the status is "With Editor" for two months after second revision?

Detailed Question -

My manuscript's staus is "With Editor" for two months after the second round of revision. Should I send a request to proceed with the decision asap?

Write an answer...
1 Answer to this question

You have not mentioned whether your manuscript had received major or minor revision. If it received a major revision the second time, it might need to be sent for review again.

However, it is clear from the status that the paper is still with the editor and has not been sent for review. You should send an inquiry immediately asking if the paper will be sent for another round of review and by when you can expect a decision.

You can also request the editor to expedite the decision. However, please ensure that you are polite and courteous in your email. Your manuscript is now at an advanced stage and you wouldn't want to annoy the editor at this time.

Related reading: