Q: I want to select journals based on the peer review process timeline. Can you help?
I want to submit my paper in a journal that has a reasonable timeframe for the peer review feedback doesn't exceed 3 months. How can I find nursing journals that their review process doesn't exceed 3 months.
Since you are looking to publish your paper in a short time, I would suggest you to consider rapid publication journals. These journals process manuscripts in lesser time than the conventional ones. Be mindful though that the time from submission to publication might vary from journal to journal and even from field to field. Several reputable journals offer rapid publication so you should be able to find one easily. Also, always do a thorough check when choosing a rapid publication journal to ensure its not predatory.
Here are some resources that you might find helpful:
- Publish faster, progress faster: The basics of rapid publication
- How can I find a rapid review nursing journal that's indexed in Scopus?
- A list of journals and publishers that offer rapid publication
- INFOGRAPHIC: Think Check Submit checklist - Selecting the right journal for your research paper
- INFOGRAPHIC: 12 Actionable Tips for choosing the right journal for your paper